Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Gingerbread Man & Crayons...

On Monday Logan was "The Gingerbread Man" at school. He was really excited and kept running around yelling "Run Run as fast you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man" And then he would just giggle like crazy and run all around in circles. He said that none of the kids could eat him and that when the little boy opened the oven he jumped out so fast and ran away. His report for the day said he did a great job pretending to be the gingerbread man. Good thing the report mentioned this because even though he as was very he didn't say a word to me until I asked him about it. Then of course he was so excited that he couldn't contain himself.

Logan's new thing about school when I ask him things is to reply with "But mommy, that's my secret, I don't want you to know" So now he is keeping his own things private. Who knows maybe one day he will bust out with all of his secrets and tell me all these wonderful things. Until then I at least know that he likes school because he likes to get there early so he can help his teacher. But I also know he misses me, because when I get there to pick him up he runs up to me and gives me lots of hugs and kisses.

Kolby got his first set of crayons yesterday and has been busy at making lots of masterpieces. I got him some really, really big crayons so that he stops eating them and breaking them. So far he likes to color for about 5 mins and then we move onto the next thing. He is getting better at communicating with me, even if he isn't speaking yet. I do think that he tries to say words and phrases but we just don't understand him, so I have started that if he sounds like he has said something that makes sense then I answer him correctly and repeat what I think he has said. It seems that this is working and that maybe some of the things he says are becoming clearer. He is really enjoying the days without Logan and having mommy all to himself. In fact I have to run because right now he is looking for me and wanting me to play with him. Later.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh Boy! Logan was a wonderful gingerbread man and Kolby is coloring instead of eating the crayons. My Buddy and BooBoo are getting sooooooo big!

I love you both,
LelaKiki